• You cannot reply to this topic

2v2 Tournament 2v2 tournament discussion

#1 User is offline   Surrey 

• Captain of Happy Mob
    • Group: Members
    • Zone:Chaos/4v4 League
    • Squad:Happy Mob

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:46 PM

Alright, so I'm planning on running a 2v2 tournament in the coming weeks. I've put together a basic set of rules/guidelines so far but would like comments or suggestions from those interested in participating as well as date/time suggestions. Please post any of your suggestions, comments, questions, etc here. The aim will be for 8-16 teams which should make it around a 3 hour event, although you will have a bit of downtime in between the early matches if you are the winning team.

This will be my first run event, and should it go well and people are interested I hope to run more. Dueling tourney, 2v2 again if it's wanted, other chaos events. I would even be willing to look into starting up 2v2 league,
    Duel league/ladder, etc in the future if it's wanted. I don't want to make this first event too large, but I also want it to be competitive and fun. So if you don't get in on this one, I'm sorry but we can run another one soon if it's wanted. Although I will do my best to accommodate every one who wants to play.

2v2 Tournament

Date: Proposed date of Saturday June 11th @ 3pm EST

- Post in the official thread (once created) with your Team Pairing, Team Name (if you want) and an email (pm me email if you don't want to post it)
    - First come first serve basis, sign up fast to guarantee your spot, I may allow for Bye rounds in round 2.
    - If you don't have a partner feel free to post and I can try to help you find one or we can match you up with another partnerless person who posts here.

Scheduling:

-Round 1:
    • match ups will be selected via random draw
    • I will number each team and have someone select number combinations for the match ups
    • Match ups will be placed in a bracket system for following rounds

-Round 2:
    • Play the winning team from the other bracket in your division
    • Should the team amounts be uneven some teams may be awarded a bye, this will be by random luck from their bracket pairings

- Round 3+:
    • Continue in your bracket play.

Match Play:
    - Single Elimination
    - Matches will be best of 5 (first team to win 3 games)
    - No substitutes
    - Do not pause for lag outs, hop back in as fast as you can

#2 User is offline   Caerbannog 

• Group: Members
      • Zone:Chaos / 4v4
      • Squad:Llama by

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

I'll play with whoever wants to suicide rush the other 2 people in the tiny tiny box with me. First one to report me as their partner "wins" ;P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
      • You cannot start a new topic
      • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users