• You cannot reply to this topic

Official 2v2 Tournament Sign-up and Rules

#1 User is offline   Surrey 

• Captain of Happy Mob
    • Group: Members
    • Zone:Chaos/4v4 League
    • Squad:Happy Mob

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

If you have any questions or comments feel free to post here or contact me in game.

Date: Saturday June 11th @ 5pm EST

- Post here with your Team Pairing, Team Name (if you want) or message/contact Surrey or Surrey+ in game.
    - If you don't have a partner feel free to post and I can try to help you find one or we can match you up with another partnerless person who posts here.

Scheduling:

-Round 1:

* match ups will be selected via random draw
    * I will number each team and have someone select number combinations for the match ups
    * Match ups will be placed in a bracket system for following rounds

-Round 2:

* Play the winning team from the other bracket in your division
    * Should the team amounts be uneven some teams may be awarded a bye, this will be by random luck from their bracket pairings

- Round 3+:

* Continue in your bracket play.

Match Play/Rules:
    - Single Elimination
    - Matches will be best of 3 (first team to win 2 games)
    - No substitutes
    - Unlimited lagouts, games do not pause for lag outs, hop back in as fast as you can.
    - Pilots may shipchange at any time during the match.
    - Each player 'slot' is allowed 10 deaths before that 'slot' is dead.
    - There are 3 ways to win a game:
    • Eliminate the other team from the box with simultaneous deaths.
    • Eliminate one opponent by causing 10 deaths. After this the other opponent is eliminated by 1 death.
    • Timer runs out. The team with the fewest deaths wins the game. If both teams have equal number of deaths, a duel will take place between one pilot on each team chosen by the acting captains.
    - If both teams die out of the box simultaneously then the game is replayed.

This post has been edited by Surrey: 28 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

#2 User is offline   Surrey 

• Captain of Happy Mob

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Current Entries:

1. Xena and Jenn_b
      2. wolfsbane and Psycho Psematic

Looking for Partners:

1. delete
      2. Caerbannog

This post has been edited by Surrey: Today, 11:45 AM

#3 User is offline   Neo 

• Zone:Pro League
        • Squad:Assassins

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Ah, wish I could participate! So glad to see a 2v2 Tourney! Thanks for organizing this Surrey!

I'll be flying out to E3 and very likely will not be back in time. I've asked Assassins if anyone would represent! Hopefully some former champs (ahem... Develop) might pair up and dominate

Have fun!
        Neo

#4 User is offline   Caerbannog 

• Zone:Chaos / 4v4
          • Squad:Llama by

Posted Today, 09:05 AM

Neo, on 29 May 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Ah, wish I could participate! So glad to see a 2v2 Tourney! Thanks for organizing this Surrey!

I'll be flying out to E3 and very likely will not be back in time. I've asked Assassins if anyone would represent! Hopefully some former champs (ahem... Develop) might pair up and dominate

Have fun!
          Neo

Shame. There can be no Katana (that was it, right?) vs. Woodstock'69 rematch

Although fallim not playing this game anymore takes care of that. Anyways, I'm available to pwnerize this with someone.

Have fun at E3 Neo, go around to the stands and "Meh. Not as good as subspace!" loudly.

#5 User is offline   Surrey 

• Captain of Happy Mob

Posted Today, 11:44 AM

Neo, on 29 May 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Ah, wish I could participate! So glad to see a 2v2 Tourney! Thanks for organizing this Surrey!I'll be flying out to E3 and very likely will not be back in time. I've asked Assassins if anyone would represent! Hopefully some former champs (ahem... Develop) might pair up and dominate :)Have fun!Neo

No worries Neo! Ya hopefully a few assassins will represent for you if you can't play.

Caerbannog, on 30 May 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

Shame. There can be no Katana (that was it, right?) vs. Woodstock'69 rematch :(Although fallim not playing this game anymore takes care of that. Anyways, I'm available to pwnerize this with someone.Have fun at E3 Neo, go around to the stands and "Meh. Not as good as subspace!" loudly.

I'll add you to the looking for partner list Caer, then if you find someone from Nugyens or whatever just let me know and I'll add your pairing. Otherwise you can join with someone else searching for a partner.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
            • You cannot start a new topic
            • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
            0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users